View Single Post
Old 01-30-2006, 04:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
LeighC
Leigh

WOW!! No methadone for 12 days!!!!

Today is day 12 without methadone and I am soooooo excited, I never thought I would make it this long. After being on it for 7 years everyday it feels really good to not rely on it to get me through the day. I still feel really sick most of the time with stomach cramps, body aches, sweats, insomnia,etc. but I am so proud of myself for doing this and that's what keeps me going. I know that I want stay sick forever and when it is all over it will be so worth everything I'm going through now. I do wonder how long I'll be sick but I know it's different for everybody. I am still having problems with my mind racing alot but I have an appointment Friday to check on that. I found a really good meeting real close to my house that meets everyday and I've been going to it as much as I can. I've made the dicission to stay away from my parents for now since they are both addicts and that is really hard for me. They don't understand why I can't be around them and I think it hurts their feelings. Maybe when I've been clean a while I will be able to see them again. I'm really glad I found SR, reading all the posts and seeing how all of you have stayed clean really helps me alot. I know I have a long way to go but I am finally on the road to recovery!! LeighC