Thread: I'm back
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2023, 05:18 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Oglsby

I am terribly sorry for the loss of your sisters. That must be extremely difficult. I am so glad that you made the decision to go to detox. I never did but my partner did in 2012 and I just ground it out. We have both been clean from opioids since then, so eleven years.

I know it is difficult when you have had so many years of sobriety and then feel like you got back on the hamster wheel, but you caught yourself and your life will be back to normal very soon. It just takes time. I absolutely hated that I took pills and never would have imagined that I would have done that. My partner had a very bad back and at that time they were handing them out like candy. I remember going on a trip to Europe in 2008 and we had 300 pills. It was ridiculous.

Please consider getting some grief counseling regarding your sisters. Grief has been a big thing in my life and I often regret never talking to anyone about it. I think it would have made a big difference in my happiness. I'm so very proud that you are back and that you detoxed. Best of luck to you and keep posting. I needed your post today!!