View Single Post
Old 10-04-2023, 03:42 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
KickItForGood

Hi All - Thank you so much for welcoming me to the forum, and for your well wishes and encouragement.
Currently on day 27 of clean and sober living.
For the most part, I've gone through the month with very few moments of cravings or temptations to drink or use THC.
While I wouldn't say I had a "problem" with alcohol, I was certainly noticing a change in my relationship with alcohol, and how much/regularly I was consuming it.
Marijuana, on the other hand, was my go to crutch. I'd primarily vape, but within minutes of waking up every day, I'd be vaping. Because of my tolerance (daily user for the better part of 25 yrs) and the ability to vape almost anywhere and at any time, I was likely hitting the pen dozens of times a day. Going somewhere? Doing something? relaxing? stressed out? bored?...I'd be hitting the pen...
Surprisingly, the cravings or temptations to go back to THC are almost non existent.
While I'm not sure I'll stay away from alcohol forever, I certainly recognize the need to change my relationship with it, and to limit when, where, and why I'm drinking.
I do however intend and hope to live the rest of my life free and clear from the grip that marijuana had on my life.
Overall, I feel happier, healthier, and indeed, liberated, from something that I truly believe was no longer providing me with any benefit, or was adding anything of value to my health or well being.
For everyone on the same or similar journey, I applaud your commitment to clean/sober living, and wish you all the best in your sobriety.
Thank you again for your support - best wishes to all.