View Single Post
Old 09-29-2023, 07:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
KickItForGood

22 days clean and sober

Hi All, Just hit the 3 week clean & sober mark yesterday. Aside from the rare day here and there, I've been a daily marijuana user for the better part of 25 years. I've managed to build a fairly healthy and successful personal and professional life, but like many others, I felt like I had run my course with marijuana. I no longer felt as though it was serving a purpose, or providing the "benefits" or enjoyment that it once had.
I wouldn't say I had a problem with alcohol, but again, being a regular, if not daily consumer of alcohol, I hit a point where I started to feel my relationship with alcohol changing, and decided it was time to see what life is like without alcohol.

For the first week or two, I had a very difficult time sleeping, or staying asleep at night. There were a number of nights dealing with "insomnia" and yes, the dreams/nightmares were vivid beyond anything I've had in a long, long while.

Thankfully, I seem to have come through the other side of the sleeping issue, and I'm now getting fairly decent sleep on a nightly basis.

Overall, I feel great - much better than I have in a long while. I have almost zero cravings, or thoughts about either marijuana, or drinking. There are of course, certain moments where it crosses the mind, either because of a "trigger", habit etc, but all in all, I've lost weight, I'm sleeping better, feeling better, and learning that I can indeed live without a crutch, or instant to drink, or use marijuana for stress management, relaxation, or to enjoy life.

I've been watching a number of videos online throughout the last 3 weeks to continue my motivation, and to gain tips/perspective etc, but also decided to join this forum in order to share in my experience, and to learn from others.

I wish every single one of you success and happiness on your journey. I look forward to sharing my story, and to learn from others.

Thank you for your support, and I wish all of you health, and happiness.