Old 09-18-2023, 01:53 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Pekelover2

“ It sounds exhausting. I get exhausted keeping up with my own appointments/hols etc Seriously though , it's nice to know when friends are going on hols etc and wish them a good break but maybe you are a bit too much involved in others lives. I hope you know me well enough now to know I say this with kindness Maybe focus all that energy on you and some self care ”
I appreciate this, RAL. I’ve always been this way with my friends. I just genuinely worried about other people. I don’t find it challenging or exhausting. But lately I’ve just been a little more introspective. And I realize that I’m not being honest with myself that I don’t feel like I’m being heard a lot. I don’t feel like people ask me enough about what’s going on in my life. And I would like a little bit more of that.

Gosh Venus, yes she does talk quite a lot, lol. Not my fav person in bookclub. We have a very sweet member of book club name Alison. And every once in a while, she will try to talk, and the other lady sort of bulldozes over her. It’s really getting bad.

The other night I actually sort of jumped in and I said “Alison weren’t you going to speak?”. I’m glad that I did that. This other woman is so loud she just drowns others out. Not even sure if she’s aware of it!