Old 08-15-2023, 09:51 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Koninne

Hello everyone,

I am extremely grateful for this forum, it helps a lot to know that you are not alone and that there is hope for health. Thank you! I'm almost three months sober now and the last two months have been extremely bad. I realized years ago that I drink far too much and I was often a little lethargic in the morning. But the hangover went away and I continued. But the hangovers got worse and lasted much longer, for days. I was dealing with massive anxiety and panic attacks. As a result, drinking times and times of abstinence alternated, but that didn't work either, it got worse. (Kindling?) I then went abstinent for a year and very slowly it got better. I had to go to a day clinic for psychotherapy with the panic attacks, but they didn't see an alcohol problem, despite drinking 4 liters of beer a day. At that time I didn't know anything about PAWS either and so I thought I could drink again if controlled. That went wrong and now I have all the symptoms even worse than before. But I hope it will be good again. I can already see a change in the symptoms. The extreme mood swings are better and there are brief periods without anxiety. The problem is the sensitivity to stress and the current sleep problems. I am also often confused and unsteady on my feet.

Thanks to the forum you guys are fantastic.

Please excuse the grammar, I had to translate the text.

VG Koninne