Old 08-12-2023, 02:48 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
rothmaninc

I am now approximately 15 months in, and my energy level is terrible on a daily basis. I sleep a decent amount but often wake up early in the AM (3AM) and must take melatonin to fall back to sleep. Most mornings consist of ruminating thoughts even though the topics are not that bad. Once I get up I feel a little bit better but do not feel significantly better until I have 2 K_cups of coffee...About 16ozs of coffee.. I find myself requiring an additional cup later. Early on in PAWS I would take my 100 MG gabapentin at 8AM and return to bed. I discontinued the 100 mg of gabapentin in the AM. At one point I was prescribed 900 mg daily 300 three times a day. I have titrated down to 100 mg one time a day, which is taken at bedtime. It was not unusual for me to sleep from 11PM til 6 AM get up do what needed to be done and go back to sleep from 8AM to 11Am. I have not done this all summer long but find myself very tired. Have any of you experienced anything resembling this? I have had blood work several times, an endoscopy, sleep test etc, and all was fairly normal. My iron level is good after being down for some time... PAWS is the most frustrating condition that I have encountered....The symptoms constantly make one feel as though there are other medical deficiencies occurring. As always I appreciate any feedback, and a thank you to everyone who has lived through this and taken the time to help others. This is a huge part of recovery, and does not receive anywhere near the attention that it should. I imagine that if the proper amount of attention/education was allocated to PAWS the relapse rate would be reduced significantly....I anxiously await responses.. You guys are our lifeline!!!