Old 08-07-2023, 09:02 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  
BettyP

CB, congratulations on all your progress! Thanks for checking in and letting us know that it gets better! You, me, and Graceful all came in right around the same time and it's so nice to see that we did, indeed, improve and continue to get better. It seems like we all have a few symptoms lingering, but have reached a tipping point where we know it's going to get better. For anyone reading this and still in early recovery - that's three success stories of three pretty sick PAWS sufferers. I mean my anxiety DP/DR was awful. Awful. It was like walking around in the Upside Down in Stranger Things day in and day out. I still have some trouble getting up in the morning and getting out of bed because I'd become accustomed to feeling afraid all day so it was hard to push myself, but now at least 75% of the time I feel pretty good within an hour of waking up and I feel like "ok it's going to be an ok day, you've got this."
Hang in there if you're struggling today - it's really just all about giving yourself time to heal. Think of your brain like a broken leg - it takes a long time to get back to marathon training even when the bone itself heals. You can do this!