Old 08-06-2023, 01:54 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Graceful123

Originally Posted by CBS62 View Post
Hello fellow PAWS sufferers. I want to give you some good news! I am coming up on 32 months sober on August 17th. I had so many PAWs mental and physical symptoms I am not sure I can remember them all. But I am 99% better. The only nagging thing is I still have the boaty dizziness/rocking sensation. I think it is still here thanks to me taking benzos as prescribed before I quit drinking and in very early sobriety. But my dizziness does go away occasionally and I can mange it. The worst symptoms that I had were insomnia, depression, anhedonia, numbness and tingling, intrusive thoughts, DP and DR, anxiety, severe health anxiety, feelings of doom, jaw tightness, and probably some I am forgetting. But I am finally having a pink cloud of sorts. Feeling better about my future in spite of climate change and the sad state of our world. I have been feeling really good for the past 6 months or so. So please hang in there. It will get better! A special shout out to Betty, Vinny, Graceful, Dee, Matt, SoberNord and others who supported me through the worst of it.

Yaaay! I get an honorable mention!

Thank you for sticking with us CBS62!

I can confirm that I had the exact same list of symptoms as you, DP and DR were especially rough.

I still have the rocky/boaty feelings but mostly when I'm overwhelmed with something (like a deadline at work or some trouble on the home front, etc). I especially notice the rocky feeling in the evenings. I have low level anxiety in the mornings, but nothing I can't handle these days.

Overall I think I'm around the same as you, 95%+ better.

Congrats on almost 32 months. One day at a time!