View Single Post
Old 01-27-2006, 10:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
spamperd

Haven't actually stopped drinking yet.

This is my first time doing anything like this. I have thought for some time that I had a problem with alcohol. At first it was drinking with friends, partying. Then, I think I was self medicating as a few years back I was diagnosed with Bipolar II. Now, I am being successfully treated for bipolar and feel great, am very productive, and see a very impressive future for myself. The one thing that seems to hamper my progress is drinking alcohol. I don't drink everyday, but when I do, I drink enough to sleep half my day away the next day, I usually have a fairly nasty hangover, I don't get the things done that I need to, and in most cases when I am drinking, I wind up doing something really stupid and feel guilty or embarrased about it the next day. I know that I really like how I feel without alcohol in my life, but I am not sure what to do at this point. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Also, I don't see myself at AA meetings and probably won't go even if it's suggested. I don't see aproblem with people who go to AA, but I know myself well enough to know that I won't go.
Thanks for listening