Old 07-28-2023, 11:45 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
trailmix

Yes, if your life isn't going all that well, I guess it's easier to blame the parent(s).

I had an alcoholic father than was totally emotionally unavailable, but it never occurred to me to blame my parents for anything. They were who they were, period. There was lots of good (my Mom). I believe they both did the best they could - can you ask more of a person?

Behappy - your contributions seem amazingly! generous to me, I can see how being cut off could cause resentment. I also believe that letting them fly at some point is incredibly important and that's what I did. I never thought I was overly indulgent but perhaps in some ways I was. So then the "my" life isn't working out all that great so what should you be doing about it and furthermore if you weren't so awful (list 10 things, including going back 20 years) that YOU did and if you hadn't maybe my life would be wunderbar! In fact the fact that you didn't do these things right makes you a horrible person.

Well, the world just doesn't work like that and I thought, through example, that was clear. It was not.