View Single Post
Old 01-26-2006, 05:20 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
BeamMeUpScotty

Originally Posted by DevilsUrine
Thanks for the quick response and support! What does me in though, is that right now my drinking doesn't really affect anyone but myself. I'm one of those functioning alcoholics. I only drink at night, it's my dirty little secret. I wake up in the morning and I'm not even hungover (drinking copious amounts helps build up that immunity!).

Okay, I just thought about things a bit. I have a boyfriend who is totally oblivious to my drinking. If I think back though, any fights we've ever had occured when I was blotto, me nitpicking things, getting mad at him for no reason, getting all sad-ass weepy over stuff. So I guess this isn't only affecting me.

I'm glad I found this place. I might not be ready to give it up yet, but you've already got me thinking.
One of my favorite parts of this forum, moreso than other, more political, forums I sometimes visit, is being able to not only work through my thoughts and emotions "in public", but seeing others do so as well. It just shows me how much we are really all alike--we're all vulnerable and can use each other's help.

Out of curiosity, what do you think it will take for you to be ready to give it up? When you can answer that question you might be able to start taking action toward achieving it. Let us know if we can help.

Take care.