View Single Post
Old 01-26-2006, 04:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
DevilsUrine

Where to start???

This is really hard for me. I've kept my addiction from my family and friends for years and years. I actually can't even quite admit to myself that I have a problem, but drinking five liters of wine a week for the last ten years may just constitute a problem...do ya think?

I drink every night, I avoid certain activities because it will interefere with that lovely big box of wine. I'm drinking right now and though it disgusts me, I'm only half-way sick of it. The thought of giving it up terrifies me, the thought of carrying on like this sickens me. I tell myself that life will have no meaning if I can't have my wine (DevilsUrine!) at the end of the night. I rush home to pour that first glass (actually, I've graduated to big plastic cups) and if I'm late, I stress and count how many "drinking hours" I'll have until I have to get up in the morning.

I had a horrid childhood with an abusive alcholic stepfather <- my excuse I gave up for a while when I married my hubby, he ended up cheating on me *slurp slurp* I've recently met a new great guy, if the poor thing knew what I was really like, he'd run a mile.

How the heck do you beat this??