Thread: hate smoking
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2023, 04:40 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Live

At my last checkup, my dr offered either a prescription for patches or for gum. I think cold turkey is too brutal if you/I have been smoking for long. I have. I like what one dr suggested. She said to put the number of cigarettes I smoked in a day in a baggie. count them out. and then each day make a new baggie with one less in it. That sounded possibly workable.
For a long long time when I would mention quitting to my psychiatrists they would tell me it was a good goal but not right now. The stress would be more than I could handle with my mental health conditions.
just curious if you are willing to share...what are you going to be doing with your meds now?
glad you have an appointment! I know you have been having a rough time. It is hard to do anything when you are not feeling stable. Mentally, I feel pretty good but I still really struggle with normal things and keeping routines in place. That set bedtime I had lasted about 4 days. lol. so do not feel alone! lol. I am just going to accept that I like to read at night and if I am at an exciting part, I am going to keep reading. when the thrill is about over, I take my night meds and am able to go to sleep in 30-45 minutes. but most likely it will not be 10:30!! It's not worth turning it into a battle. we have enough of those already!!