View Single Post
Old 07-01-2023, 07:07 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Sobertoday54

Originally Posted by FreeOwl View Post
Hey hey everybody!!!

DRY JULY!! Love it.

But more than that, I hope to make it a July of focused sobriety/recovery work.

In June, after an aggregate of about ten years sobriety over the past couple of decades, I finally found myself truly stepping over the thresholds of surrender and of giving my life to the God of my understanding.

I must have heard it ten thousand times in the book, in the rooms, in the stories shared here… and even believed in a higher power all along.

Yet there was a difference between that believe and the surrender, the asking, the stepping into a willingness to have a relationship with whatever that unknowable but entirely feel-able Power might be.

so here in July I will move through stepwork, bringing with me prayer and surrender and conscious contact with the God of my understanding.

I am 50…. And roughly halfway into my 51st year of life.

I open myself to a commitment to 101 years in this physical plane…. ‘Life 101’…. If it be God’s will for me. The first half has been good, despite so much of it spent in suffering with addiction. The next half, I commit to serving Creator’s will for me, and working each day to step a bit closer to the God of my understanding.

Dry July feels like a fun little humorous and whimsical idea in that context…. But it’s so much more than just ‘dry’….

anywhoo…. Day 25.

Freeowl. What a great outlook on Part 2 of your life. I’m 58. Let’s make it a great one.