View Single Post
Old 01-25-2006, 08:44 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
angelgirl
You're never alone!!

Eagle1 : oh yeah and hopefully my memory will improve too
Yes it does... But not always right away.. If you don't know about PAWS,, you might want to read up on it.. Post Acute Withdrawal Syndrome. Symptoms that last after the initial withdrawal. It was once a belief that only alcoholics suffered from PAWS, but not any longer, addicts also suffer from the same effects, which only makes sense, the drugs effect our brains as well. Some symptoms include Memory loss (big one), anxiety, insomnia, ( another big one), depression.. etc.. Nothing to be afraid of, it just makes sense to know,, that way, when you experience the symptoms, you aren't freaking out, and wondering why?? Or thinking you re going crazy, it's just a normal process, and it will get better. They say it can last up to 10 years, at least they taught me that in treatment, but I don't know the effects would be that terribly noticeable for that long. Maybe somewhat if you had alot of damage? I am no expert.

Please, if you know nothing about it, check it out. I have a long post here on SR about it,. But so do others. You can do a search here on SR, or you can do one on the net.

Sex life gets better also......sorry girls. No offense
No offense taken, LOL,, it's true, it does improve, how could it not.. We were so numb while using.