View Single Post
Old 01-24-2006, 09:09 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
angelgirl
You're never alone!!

Originally Posted by android
i cant believe this. im getting ready to detox from painkillers for the 2nd time in less than 3 months.
i used regularly for about 3 years, then went cold-turkey.... then relapsed... now I'm back to the beginning of a long 7 days.
i hope it wont be as bad as the first time.
can someone share some wisdom or advice please. I'm ready to quite forever.
i flushed the rest of my bottle because i wanted to experience the worst withdrawal ever... so i will never go back to taking them again.
thanks

Android,

Welcome to SR!!! So good to meet you!! So glad you finally found us here, we can be a great support system for you, if you let us.. But it's really important that you get a support system outside of SR as well.. That is really super important. There are many sources of support out there, there is NA,
there are different types of day treatment groups. ( like day treatment, IOP, which is Intensive outpatient treatment), I attend Celebrate Recovery, it's a Christian 12 step group, I love it, and it has helped me SO much, I can't even tell you.. I also have a drug and alcohol counselor through a mental health clinic in my area, and also a therapist. I also attend dual diagnosis, for my anxiety/depression issues and my drug addiction. This may sound like alot, but ya know what? I have been clean for almost 10 months now.

i cant believe this. I'm getting ready to detox from painkillers for the 2nd time in less than 3 months

Oh, I can believe it. That's for sure. You are an addict android, and unless
you are completely ready to do whatever it takes to get clean, you may continue to relapse, just like I did,,.

I couldn't put together 2 months before. A year ago, I thought I was going to die, so did my counselor. I never, ever would have imagined that a year later, I would be saying I have almost 10 months clean I was in and out of treatment and detox SO many times, that they told me not to come back at some of the centers. It was that bad. I would get clean, some times, make it 2 months, some times make it 2 days, some times 2 weeks, but I always went back.. I flushed my drugs so many times, only to wish I never had done that.

It takes us alot to get clean. We have to surrender our will. Addicts have a really hard time doing that. We want everything when we want it. Like, right now. Getting clean, and changing our lives doesn't happen over night, it is a process, it takes a long time.

BUT, the good news is that life gets so much better... Yes, it's hard in the beginning, but everyday it gets easier. We take our lives day by day. Ask any addict here, they will tell you the same thing, it's a day by day process. No one even knows what tomorrow will bring, or if we will even be clean, we assume we will, but no one is sure. Sometimes we take life minute by minute, sometimes second, by second.

We will be here for you. I do hope you stick around. You can make it through this. Have you checked with a doctor for meds? They have meds to make detox much easier. You don't have to suffer severely, in order to stay clean, it's about really wanting to stop, not about suffering. I suffered alot, I didn't go to the hospital every time, but I always went back to drugs after the suffering,. Some do detox at home, but you never know who may have a hidden health problem. The pain killers mask the pain we have, and we don't always know if something is wrong with us, and when we detox, we never know if something else could go wrong, that's why it's best to get checked out by a doctor, you can never be too safe, but you can wish you had..

Remember, God is listening to you..
Keep talking to him.. You can do it 24/7, he is always there
for you.. He will never leave you, no matter what.

Love and prayers,
Becky