Old 01-24-2006, 08:36 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Taiman

Originally Posted by NoMoBeer
Taiman
You know what's funny? We AAers don't swarm the board, but we do speak up when attacked or someone posts something that just isn't correct.

I haven't attacked you -- just having a little fun -- and stating my opinion, isn't that what you like to do?

If you read the boards, many AA folks say that there are numerous ways to get and stay sober, yet you must try to prove AA wrong. I just don't get it...

I don't care what program someone works -- just work it and do whatever is necessary to stay sober...

NoMo
I guess we have different definitions of swarm.

So far no one has been able to post where I am incorrect but I have used parts of the Big Book to sustain and prove my point of view.

I haven't gone after any one person, excluding Bill Wilson, I have spoken of AA only, yet you go after me. I could attack you and effectively but I choose not to. However as you and Dan have pointed out my ego is big, certainly big enough to be unaffected by predictable insults.

The only point of AA I have tried to prove wrong is AA's claim that you need a higher power to stay sober but its own atheist members have already done this.

I pointed out AA is predicated on a belief in God. The Big Book is clear about this. I have quoted the Big Book in prior posts to prove this. It is AA's members who are misinformed when they say AA doesn't require you to believe in God. People may stay sober in AA without God but AA says this isn't possible.

No program is required to get sober, you can do it on your own. Certainly it is a tough way but it is possible. No program is required to stay sober, the world is filled with sober alcoholics who use nothing more than their own determination to stay sober and as we know after a while drinking isn't even a thought.

Anyway I must be getting to bed, thanks for the discussion. I hope you all are sober the next I come here.