Old 01-24-2006, 08:25 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Taiman

Originally Posted by Dan
Agitation seems to be a strong point in your dialectic, Taiman.
This is where I smile and recognize the lack of originality in your quasi-veiled attempts to discredit and point out the imperfections of Alcoholics Anonymous.
There's nothing new in what you're saying, be it the fact that there are, have been, and always will be people in AA demanding change, for reasons as varied as there are colors in the spectrum, or your carefully calculated insertions of already documented and ad nauseam repeated flaws of Bill W.

I'd really like to think otherwise Taiman, and I may still, but so far, aside from an extremely well presented (verbally, anyway) criticism and analysis, your posts leave me wondering exactly which side of the site founder's equation for coming here you fall under; to get help, or to give help.
I am glad I can make you smile and that you are already aware of the numerous flaws in Bill Wilson, obviously I can't be original in repeating them. I would have hoped you would have welcomed a dialogue about AA.

I suppose when people make comments that sound like a Bin Laden statement in a pious fashion, it is tough not to point them out.

Agitation is what turns an oyster into a pearl, if one plateaus too much one fails to progress.

I am sensing a thinly veiled insult in asking me which side of the equation I fall under to give help or get help. From your responses so far which for the most part I liked, I found this slight to be beneath you.

To say one comes here to give help only, suggests one has nothing to learn. To say one comes here to get help only, suggests one has nothing to give. So I guess I am open to both sides of the coin.