Old 01-24-2006, 06:45 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Taiman

Originally Posted by NoMoBeer
Taiman, an ego? Nah, he's his own higher power.....

I have to say, everyone on this thread sounds like kids who aren't getting along in the sandbox...

I have to say in observing, that the AA folks tend to go along with the flow, while those who are "non-AA" for lack of a better term, vehemently defend their right to not believe in God, or say "show me how to work the steps without God," or "your sister will have to believe in God.... ya da ya da ya da... for this AAer, I say -- believe what you want, I honestly don't care. If you'd like to hit yourself in the head with a 2X4 to stay sober, God bless -- oops, I mean -- good for you..

Taiman, frankly (this is my opinion only), I don't give a rat's ass how many positions you've held in AA. You typically take a stance on these boards against AA, and it is actually quite funny to watch. I certainly don't want to argue your views -- if you don't like AA, that's fine... just don't try to sway others from trying it out, that's all I would ask. The highest ranking position we can hope to attain in AA is sober. Maybe you felt denied b/c you never got to be president.
Ken
As I don't believe in God I can't be my own higher power but I was waiting for someone to make the comment that you did. If I don't believe in God, I must think I am God....and God bless me..sure you mean it.

If you don't care what I believe why are you saying I must be own higher power and making sarcastic comments about me wanting to be President.The truth is most of the positions I had, someone else nominated me and they begged me to take them. I didn't find nor was I looking for any prestige in these positions. I don't think counting quarters, making coffee, selling literature, making announcements, or coordinating the group schedule was very prestigious. I listed my positions because someone accused me of lying about being in AA. I think it shows I was around AA long enough to understand it. I researched AA both through AA's own literature, those people who were around in the early days and books. I would say my knowledge of AA is rather extensive.

I have taken a stance against AA, I have simply told the truth about AA as I see it. As Don's post has pointed out, it was necessary to change the steps for Atheists to complete them. Rather than attacking me why don't you respond to the specific questions I have put forth, that way you can add something of value.

I will say it is curious how the AA people will swarm the Alcoholism board when they have their own. Suggest AA to any poster no matter what the suggestion, say the SMART and other programs can't equal but the moment someone who knows the truth about AA speaks up, they attack personally. One would have to wonder about any organisation that can't take a little questioning and discussion but I am Mr. No More Beer that and others here don't speak for AA.