View Single Post
Old 01-23-2006, 05:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
angelgirl
You're never alone!!

Hey Carol,,

I am sorry to hear of your back surgery. I knwo that canbe very painful.

Have you talked to the doctor about giving you a different med other than a
pain killer? Like an alternative? You could always call your pharmacy, and talk to the pharmacist, and tell him you are an addict, ( your DOC is pain killers) and that
you had the surgery, and you are wondering if he/she knows of any alternative to pain killers, that will help kill the pain?

I have heard that the 800 mgs of ibuprofen work very well. I don't know, it's hard for any of us to even go there, because we dont' really know what kind of pain you are going through. Only you really know. It also depends on what lengths you are willing to go, to check and see if there really is soemthing else that can possibly work??

I am just wondering, since you are posting this question to us, is it possible that deep down, you already really have a feeling on taking these, and maybe you think there is soemthing else you could be doing? I don't know, just a question...

No matter what,, besure you stop taking them, while you are still in a little pain, and switch to a milder med. That is for sure key..

Love and prayers
Becky