View Single Post
Old 02-25-2023, 04:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Marie58

New here need advice

Hello - I need advice. My now ex boyfriend has been in a recovery house for 9 mos now and I just exposed him that he is seeing someone in the facility. We have been together for six years and five of those six years he was actively using and I was the codependent girlfriend. I’m still in debt because of him as he used all his money for drugs and then took mine. He has a hefty criminal past and many times I felt very unsafe around him. He even got me in trouble by using my car to steal stuff for money at a store - having the sheriff show up at my house and if I’d been there I would have been arrested I still stayed by his side begging him to go to recovery and he finally went 9 mos ago basically because he didn’t have anywhere to stay. I was hoping he would get clean this time and maybe see what a peaceful normal life could be and we could have a chance. He told me he wanted a break but still loved me and we didn’t talk for a week and that’s when I discovered he was seeing someone in rehab. I confronted him and he was all too proud to tell me he was seeing her and that he didn’t cheat because we weren’t speaking. I had a ton of questions but he just shut me out and won’t talk. I feel so used, abused, betrayed and discarded. I believe I never knew him sober, and after 9 mos of recovery and no drugs what lies beneath is a narcissistic sociopath. He is homeless, no money and not in the best health with a criminal past and now seeing this woman in rehab who is 20 years younger and homeless with a criminal past. I asked him to come clean and tell me everything because there is no chance we will ever be together again but he wouldn’t even give me that. I have tried calling him a few times and he won’t talk.