Old 02-19-2023, 07:26 AM
  # 430 (permalink)  
CBS62

Hello fellow PAWS sufferers.I have been reading but not posting much. Thanks to Betty, Sober Nord and everyone else for all your guidance when you check in. I want to give some hope to the people in early sobriety that still have acute anxiety and such. I am 26 months sober and am feeling so much better. I had lots of physical and mental symptoms. Most of them are gone now. The only remaining symptom that is a huge annoyance is my boaty dizziness. I think it is caused by a combo of my long term alcohol consumption and short term benzo use(as prescribed). I have days here and there when I am not "rocking" but it is with me most of the time. Fortunately, I cope pretty well with it. I had horrible anxiety early on for several months, anhedonia, numbness and tingling in my face, arms, legs, feet; depersonalization, derealization, depression, heart palpitations, nausea, lack of appetite, sense of doom, severe health anxiety....I am probably forgetting something. Anyway, I feel so much better. The anhedonia has lifted for the most part just recently. So keep holding on. It does get better with time. But beware because the healing is not linear. The windows and waves are unpredictable. I can say I am so close to being 100% better. I would say that if it were not for the dizziness. Every day away from alcohol is a chance for more healing.