Old 02-18-2023, 08:19 AM
  # 425 (permalink)  
TheSoberNord
Better late than never

Anytime! Congrats on day 293, keep soldiering on.
This thread was an absolute life saver for me when I was at my worst with PAWS. In fact I was dangerously close to jumping ship before I wound up here. I heard of PAWS in the past but it seem most people wrote it off as it being something that was all in their head. Yeah, I f*****g wish it was all in my head!I know what it's like to have something that's all in your head and it doesn't torment me for months at a time and makes everyday life activities feel like I'm trying to climb Mt. Everest. My hope is that one day PAWS will be as widely accepted as a part of recovery as going through detox is. Some people seem to get lucky and not have it, others will have it for only a short amount of time, others are long haulers. Some are mild and some are more severe, everyones mileage will vary. It might scare people to hear these stories but I believe in being upfront and honest waitpeople instead of sugar coating everything. At least they will be ready and try to find ways to cope with it. It might just help make people trying to get clean a better chance at success and might even save a few lives.