View Single Post
Old 02-05-2023, 05:14 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Donnylutz

Originally Posted by Steely View Post
Hi Crazychef.

In one of your earlier posts you say you can quit entirely if you have good enough reason. I'm wondering what that reason might be?

Sometimes we don't get the chance to choose our reason, because all choice is removed.

Sounds like you have a good employer, and him being sober sounds a really good thing. I hope you talk with him about it and quit looking at all the bright sparkly bottles housed in the galley, the bar. They're not as pretty as you think.

Sounds like your job could be in question?

Do you want complete sobriety Donny? Or do you want two bob each way?

If you're an alcoholic,it's a losing bet. Only needs enough time before the old nag comes home.

This has been my reality at any rate.
I've been sober over 3 years and am now working in the recovery world. I'm always open to opinions, but the fact is medication assisted therapies can be very helpful and save lives. I also don't understand how me using Antabuse for the first 3 months of my recovery is a bad thing, or is somehow keeping me from "complete recovery", whatever that is.

I learned a long time ago to not take digs on my recovery from other people personally. Medications and their effectiveness is a conversation for someone to have with a medical professional, even the big book tells us that. This person asked for personal experiences on a medication and i provided mine - I'm sorry that has upset you to the point of questioning my recovery. Have a nice night