View Single Post
Old 02-05-2023, 07:00 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
RecklessDrunk

I don't have any useful knowledge about Antabuse.

I second the idea on the big book. That program may not be for everyone. Its a darn good program but its not the only way to get sober. I think some of this stuff is the best sort of science that we currently have on alcoholism. By sort of science I mean millions of alcoholics of different types and whats worked and what wasn't hasn't. I think just reading some of the literature can help keep the mind grounded in the reality of our condition. Its not the complete solution, just read the BB everyday, but I think it helps.

I don't know much about cruise ships either but I would think a pdf or hard copy would come in handy if you can't get reception.

Its not going to solve all your problems but maybe trying a new hobby could help combat the obsession to drink. Its like there is so much free educational stuff on YouTube , I'm not sure we even need colleges any more. Maybe take up some kind of craft, learn to play an instrument, or maybe a computer programming language. Also, I would think they have some kind of gym/workout facilities so I would definitely take advantage.