Old 01-30-2023, 07:46 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Jsnake89t

Originally Posted by dbyrer View Post
I'm glad you have found this site. Your wife is probably right that returning to the very same situation in which she drank abusively for years is not the best idea right out of rehab. The distance is also likely a good thing rather than bad. In order for her to be sober and work a program of recovery, her entire life will change. As her family, your and the children's entire life will change. It is great to realize that this is not "fair" to you and the children, but it is reality and resenting that fact will not change things for the better. If your wife succeeds in recovery there is the chance your family can be re-established for the better for all concerned. It will be entirely different than before, but before she was drinking abusively, and you don't want that, right?
Yes she was but now she’s at the point of her place where this is my fault and she said there’s several things I did that she has to forgive me for. And that being in the house with me, she cannot stay sober. Because of my past negativity and nagging and complaining. Which I’ve learned through Al-Anon and AA, but it was due to the alcoholism that had made me this way. I am continuing to work my steps with my sponsor, my Al-Anon friend in my church. Because she is in her, her pink cloud with her sober living girlfriends in this house for the next three months. I’m in keeping my interaction short and simple with her and letting her focus on herself like she said. She also said she can’t love her self right now. She can’t give me the love that I deserve all the love that I want and she can’t love her kids right now. She has to do this for the next three months and then see what happens.