Old 01-20-2023, 09:27 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
MLD51
Giving up is NOT an option.

I'm IN!
I got back from my Arizona vacation last night, but my suitcase did not! I have an Apple AirTag on it, so when I got to Denver for my layover, I could see that my suitcase was still in Phoenix. Or at least, that's what the tag said. I have found them to be very accurate, so when I got to my final destination of Minneapolis, I was pretty sure I was not going to find my bag on the carousel. I went into the baggage service office, and they were able to look and see that yes, it was still in Phoenix. It had mistakenly gotten on a cart with bags bound for Dallas, but thankfully, they caught it before it got put on that plane. It's been interesting to watch its journey using the AirTag tracking. It arrived in Minneapolis this morning, and I'll go pick it up tomorrow. I know better than to pack anything "mission critical" in a checked bag. They would deliver it to me if I wanted them to, but this way, I'll get a voucher for $200 to use on future travel. It's not THAT big a deal for me to go get it. I stayed pretty calm throughout the whole thing. Right at first, when I was in Denver and realized it was still in Phoenix, I was pretty annoyed, and started to get upset, but then it occurred to me that this was one of those things that I had no control over. So I took a couple of deep breaths, and got over it. It is all working out. There's nothing in it I needed last night.

My vacation was a wonderful re-charge of my batteries. I hiked as much as I could. It rained pretty hard for most of two of the seven days I was there, so I did other kinds of sightseeing things on those days and did not hike. The other days, I clocked an average of 10 miles a day hiking. Some of the hikes were pretty difficult. But talk about those endorphins! It was just glorious to be there in the amazing scenery, moving my body and feeling strong. When I first got sober, I realized I could get that rush from walking and hiking in the woods, so I threw myself into it, and I'm still at it eight years later.

I don't have time to post any of my pictures right now (trying to get caught up at work), but this gives you an idea what the scenery is like there. It's just astonishing. And pictures do not really do it justice.
https://www.google.com/search?q=sedo...&bih=826&dpr=1

That bridge is really cool, Robbie.
I hope your projects go well, Alpine, and congrats on eight months!
Feel better soon, Tetra and Least.
Hope your shoulder continues to mend, Mesa.
Good to have you with us, Tica.

I'm sorry if I missed anyone - gotta get back to work!