Old 01-11-2023, 07:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Jsnake89t

Wife of 12 years in rehab and I’m kinda lost

Been married for 12 years. She checked herself in December 19th on her own accord for alcoholism. She also chose a place five hours away from home that is takes private insurance and is no court ordered allowed. She did this on her own, She said to save our marriage and save our family as it’s her gift to us and our children for 2023. We’ve been having this problem for over six years I barely drink. We’ve only seen her twice and a three week she’s been in and you get the short 6-10 minute phone calls each. But she has changed become distant because she doesnt want to talk about it. she is a very bad pass that I know about. She was very standoffice when we saw her after being in there for two weeks. But she did say thank you for supporting her, putting up with her craziness and our alcoholism and for loving her as well as the space. Divorce has never been brought up at all but I can help feel nervous after reading how much people change after rehab.
I’ve been attending Al-Anon for two weeks now and been to 7 meetings have a temporary sponsor. We both written two deep letters to each other. The first one she talked about, the second one she hasn’t even mentioned. We do send her cards twice a week with inspirational notes a minute from myself and our daughter. I am very anxious about this entire or deal as we have a 9 and 3 year old who maids her dearly. But we’re told we can’t tell her any of the sad things like that our duathger has cried for her several times.