Thread: One month
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2023, 07:59 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
AJ143143

Thank you. I’m proud of myself. I’m also proud of myself for the time I have had before. In the last 6 months or so I have had significant gaps in my drinking where I have relapsed for a day or 2 then got back on the horse. So a handful of times drinking in 6 months … versus drinking daily for years Before. What I can say without doubt that my relationship with alcohol is forever changed. I am happy in the moment that I have no desire to drink. It seems like poison to me now. I am happy that I feel that way …I used to feel that way after a “bad drinking night”… but now I feel that way from
logical place as well. My friends that have seen my journey over the last 6 months are starting to ask questions now. There is. Significant change in my energy as a person… I’ve had 2 friends recently ask me about lowering their alcohol consumption or quitting all together. By no means (only having 1 month of no alcohol) am I am expert but I do feel over the last 6 months I have changed so much. I feel happy to be the one my friends look at as a reliable person. My weight loss is starting to be a real thing (almost like my body is shifting / changing shape)… granted I work out 1-2 times a day almost daily and eat healthy (outside of some more sugar cravings… yes im
aware the sugar cravings should be gone by now but I think I realized a new love for donuts…. Lol). So for anyone on day one keep going. In 1 month I have noticed. 1) anxiety is about half what it was. 2)depression almost gone. (Still have bad days). 3) weight loss for sure beginning but it’s been fast the last week or so. 4) my mind has clarity. 5) I feel proud of myself again /self worth is much better. 6) I’m curious about life again. I have not saved money as I think I have “rewarded myself”… probably a bit too much. Mostly self care ect…. I’d rather spend money on pilates over booze though so it’s still a plus . Thank you all so much. From the bottom of my heart. I don’t think I have words for the gratitude I have.