View Single Post
Old 01-02-2023, 11:39 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  
JustTony

Day 3

Sleep has been pretty good, albeit the wife has gone to another room to let me “sweat it out” without worrying that I am disturbing her. That’s been really helpful.

I’ve gone through stages of my life where I never wanted to drink again - but until you get to a new level of commitment you don’t know it ever exists. I mean - I’m so committed this time - from my soul - not my heart - and certainly not my head - that I hope that this is it? My rock bottom. My forever moment.

I think it also helps that more and more people are now not drinking or have quit before (including celebs). Maybe the World is finally catching up with body beautiful places like California and Miami Beach? I know some people look down at drinking even a glass or two as just being ridiculous. Very helpful. All helpful to me as it doesn’t make you feel alone or an outcast.

I’m returning to the gym and exercise again. I know I can’t do what I used to do but that’s ok. I’m 53 years old. But I’m still in decent shape when I get going so that’s a ‘strive to goal’ (fitness) as opposed to a ‘run away goal’ (alcohol). I’m always more motivated when running towards something as opposed to away from something.

My early morning rambling thoughts from the UK.

JT