Old 12-20-2022, 07:01 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  
least
bona fido dog-lover

Doing alright out in cold California - it's 49 F so that's considered cold here.

Just put all Billie's toys in a pile and counted them... she has 19 toys!!! . She just found her old purse she used to play with back when we lived in Ohio. . She pulls out all the linings and I put them back in and she takes them out again. It's a fun game for her.

Maintenance man from the complex came today, very soon after I put in the repair request too. . He was very nice and put on those shoe covers before he came in. . He took the fixture off to get to the light bulbs, and the dust and dirt was thick around the exhaust fan! . So he went and got his shop vac and cleaned it all out. . I gave him five stars in the little survey after he was done. . And tomorrow when I go to the lobby to check my mail, I'm going to knock on the office door and tell them in person how nice he was, going the extra mile to clean up the dust and dirt. . Find the good and praise it.

I got ambitious today and did five surveys, earning about $4. . Not too bad for sitting in my chair and drinking coffee and answering questions about stuff.

And, as always, I am so very grateful for my sobriety. . Being sober makes everything I do possible. .

I sure hope the thanks button comes back.