Thread: Day 1 AGAIN
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2022, 05:01 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
AJ143143

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
How did you go looking into SMART recovery, AJ?

I don’t want to appear cold but drinking over emotional pain is never going to work. At best, you get a momentary relief, but then the pain comes back and you have to reapply your ‘medicine’ usually in greater and greater amounts.

Before long you not only have the emotional pain you started with, but you’ve also got an growing alcohol problem as well.

I know break ups are hard, even if the other party was a narcissist. If you’re in emotional pain, and the pain is getting worse not better, maybe it’s time to see a counsellor?

it’s going to be a better way of dealing with pain than drinking?

D
Hi Dee I am looking at the meetings for my timezone right now actually. for smart recovery. It doesn't sound cold at all.... I know logically that drinking will never help with emotions. I think I vastly underestimated how much this breakup would hurt. As the relief and anger faded this huge amount of hurt rolled in... So I have thought maybe I need to get out my insurance card and call in to see what therapist are available.... I drank for 1 day .... then got it back together. But that seems to be what I keep doing...

I was only with him for 4 months so I thought it wold be a bunch of crying, going on runs and get over it but I had not been in anything significant in 2 years almost and it really feels like it just hurts more than I expected.... But I 100% agree.... I wish alcohol did not exist even because it does nothing good