View Single Post
Old 11-29-2022, 05:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
BrianinLondon

I haven't had those exact insecurities, Gadawg, but I've had similar ones. I had one major one this summer with my business partner which ate at me for weeks - and although it was helpful to speak to other alcoholics and work my programme to identify what ego driven fears within me were at play (what part did I have in how I was feeling and was this a reasonable response to his behaviour?), full relief from the stress only came from actually confronting my business partner with a big long explanation of how I was feeling, caveated so he knew I was aware that this was my fear at play and that my interpretation of his actions was highly, highly likely to be unreliable. Thankfully he is a great guy and although not sober his emotional sobriety is 100%. He calmly dealt with all of my points and kindly pointed out that I had totally gotten the wrong end of the stick. Not everyone would have handled my situation so well, but I think all would confirm to me very quickly whether my fears were based on anything other than fantasy. That confirmation and clearing of the air was huge. I've been feeling MUCH better about life since and hugely grateful for my relationship with him.

Hope this helps.