Old 11-04-2022, 06:35 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
MLD51
Giving up is NOT an option.

I hope you feel better, PJ.
And I hope Alfie will be OK.

I got two jabs yesterday - covid booster and flu shot. I was sure I'd be feeling awful this morning, but so far, the worst thing is how sore my poor left arm is. But when I had my other covid boosters it took about 24 hours until I started feeling bad. So maybe I'll make it through the work day, or most of it.

Something that has been hanging over all of us at work came to a head yesterday. It's a complicated situation with one of our faculty members who has been out on medical leave this fall. That has caused a lot of chaos - we are a small department and cannot "spare" a professor. Yesterday we found out she is resigning. We needed this information weeks ago so we could plan for the next semester -- it's been very stressful not knowing. She's not really resigning because of her illness, even though that's what the official word is. I know better. Anyway, now that we know, we can get down to the work of replacing her. It's a different sort of stress, but at least we are not hanging around wondering.