Old 10-23-2022, 06:50 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
RecklessDrunk

Gratitude. Just having a significant other and not having to deal with that pressure and nonsense is huge.

Serving purposes. Sometimes I have to remind myself that God didn't put me on earth solely for my amusement.

Finding enjoyment in simple things, we have this ability now so let's use it.

Getting out of self. Sometimes I need to try and worry about other people. Put myself out of my own crazy, alcoholic mind and into someone else's for a little while. Remember what it was like to have to worry about facing a judge.

Always think the drink through. What happens after I pick up. If I listen closely enough I may be able to hear the cell door slam shut. Everything will be dictated by the next drink. This will likely feel miserable even before passing out. I would have to face an obsession to drink with strength that increased from a drizzle to a category 5 hurricane. This will not be the teenage, 20s, early 30s of fun times. This will go straight to the misery that it was in the end.

The physical allergy to alcohol gets worse. Physically not only do we not react the same way to it as normal people. We do not react to alcohol the same way as our younger selves. My reaction to alcohol was different at 41 then it was at 31 or 21.