Thread: Day 8
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2022, 05:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Mavericks

Day 8

One week down and mentally I'm feeling strong. Physically I feel pretty tired. I have been getting out and doing things but I've been so drained in the mornings. My night terrors and night time delusions (which I still have at age 39) seemed to have got worse the past few nights, which may explain why I'm extra drained each morning.
I'm really craving sugar, chocolate and crap like that. I never really ate sugary foods when drinking. Is it okay to allow myself to indulge a bit during this transitional period or am I just substituting one bad habit for another? I eat clean too, I'm just adding in extra crap on top.
Mentally I'm feeling way more motivated and am getting things done and am planing well. That feels good. I was contacted by my old employer who'd ike me to consider going back to work for them. I left that company a couple of years ago now. Interview next week. I think it could work well for me if the stars align.
I'm not being too hard on myself and I'm dealing with thoughts of alcohol logically when they arise. I'm really taking the time to consider why I'm here over the short impulsive seemingly attractive thoughts of having a drink. The logic trumps all.
I'm already making more time for and plans with my family which feels really good.
I'm also looking at a 2 week surf camp in Sri Lanka for my 40th next year. It's something to work and save for.
Sorry for the ramble. I just feel it's good to get everything on a plate right now.
I do need to start a proper recovery plan outside of what I'm currently doing, however I feel I'm doing all I can at the minute. My night terrors drain me mentally and physically and I need those to settle first I think.