View Single Post
Old 01-18-2006, 10:47 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
angelgirl
You're never alone!!

Originally Posted by Eagle1
I have been doing the taper method as of Monday. This is my second try. I found SR last year when I was tring to kick. I got alot of support here and made friends. I did get clean. Then a car accident happened and I was given pain meds while I was all messed up from the crash. Of course I started up again slower, but here I am again. I'm not trolling on this site.
Today is day three and I am doing well mentally. Of course, the physical stuff is bad right now. My question about heart palps was general and wondering if I was alone.

I see now that this site has gotton "clicky" and if you are not "in" then I see the amount of support.

Your answer to me was short and curt.

Eagle,,

I too am sorry that you feel that way. But I don't believe that anyone here had any intention of making you feel bad. SR is a really cool place, with much support.

The answers you recieved were actually right on.. Do you think maybe it is just the fact that you aren't feeling well? I know how that is. It is a terrible feeling. I too suffer from heart palps, from using.

I can explain maybe why you recived some of the answers you recieved..

When we use, in the beginning, and for alot of people, for a long time, the drug high is just wonderful, I loved that high, but, that same wonderful feeling just doesn't hang around forever. I can tell you that after a period of time, from using, the drugs have a terrible effect on your body, and they begin to do damage, and when that begins, you get just as sick from using, as you do, when you aren't using.

That is what happened to me, and I believe that is what is happening to you.
That is when the heart palps set in, as well as other side effects.
I also began to suffer the effects of withdrawl, even when I was using, no matter how much I used.. Because of the damage I had done. I ended up in the ER alot. I knew at that time, it was time for me to STOP.. I had to stop, it wasn't even a matter of choice anymore, if I wanted to live, I was very, very ill. I had counselors, and nurses and doctors working with me, telling me, I was dying, I needed to get help, and stop and get clean, like right away.
I was a bit beyond the heart palps, but not far..

That is why you got the answer you got. They meant it when they said, it is time for you to stop. If I left, and walked out on every couselor, or doctor, or person that told me that it was TIME to stop, and they didn't tell me nicely, Eagle, I would be dead. So please, don't leave because you don't like the way someone tells you something. This isn't about the way someone talks to you, it's about your life. You choose.

We can say it very nicely, and I normally do, and I am, and will continue to.. Please, please, please, get help.. If youa re having heart palps, it is your body telling you,, giving you a warning, that it has had enough.. Go to the doctor, or check into treatment. No one here can give you ANY advice on detoxing yourself, not when you are having that going on. You need help. So please, don't ignore your body..

I do hope you will not take things personally.. Please don't. We have all been where you are. We all care very much, because we have all been there.. We understand,, we are not clicky. We will be here for you at any time.. I promise you that.

I will say a pray for you tonight, and hope you will do the same..
Praying helps me alot. But god gave us doctors for a reason.. Please go see one. If nothing else, they can check you over good, and you will know that you are ok, and they can giv eyou help to detox..

Please keep us posted..
I pray we will keep hearing from you..

Love,
Becky