View Single Post
Old 10-13-2022, 06:19 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Behappy1

I was just thinking about the AWFUL situations that I put MYSELF in. Several years ago I was found in the middle of the road. I was driving. I don't know how I got there or why I had been drinking so hard. I don't remember the time leading up to that. I ended up in a very strange, dissheveled house with a couple. About my age. They had taken me in and brought my vehicle and myself to their house. On their couch. They were actually very scary looking people. My family was frantic and calling my phone. A strange man answered (I am female) and said "she will be home in the morning, she is ok". They were terrified all night trying to track me, my phone, anything. The next morning I spoke with them and they came to get me 45 minutes away. They were shocked, scared for me when they saw the house, people that picked me up, condition that I was in. I can never make that event, that terror for them go away.

I could have been killed, tortured, raped or simply buried in their back yard. Thankfully those people were kind souls, trying to help me. I could have killed someone driving. I think I just blacked out in the middle of the road. With no recollection of getting there. I think I must have blocked that incident out or something along the way with how bad things actually got. I lost alot due to alcohol, but I have my life, my family, a beautiful home, 2 awesome dogs, a great job. It's like with alcohol I was/am 2 totally different people.

I am just 200+ days sober now. Do I want to drink? Yea - every now and again. Not to ever be that bad again, but just for a day or two here and there. I know that I could do that. Just drink every now and then. For a while. But it would 100% get that bad again and worse. It is just a matter of time before that would happen.

I hope that person that you helped can find the strength to get the help that they need. I remember what it's like being caught up in that cycle, that hamster wheel with no light or hope. Thank you for posting this. This could have been me.