Old 10-09-2022, 07:10 AM
  # 164 (permalink)  
Zencat
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Good morning all

There was a time not long ago when I had a very hard time leaving my home. Go shopping, visiting relatives, AA meetings, or whatever involved leaving home triggered my anxiety symptoms. The one symptom I dreaded the most was profuse sweating. By the time I was done shopping (I was a very super hurry shopper) and at the checkout, I would be soaked in sweat. Sweat ran down my face, my shirt soaked, and the whole time shopping or whatever the enormous fear caused me to shake.

I started one on one therapy at first to quit drink/drug. As the therapy went on my PTSD was discovered. Now I have two disorders to treat. I started inpatient treatment, outpatient, groups, AA NA, and other therapy stuff.

To help me do all these things my therapist started me on desensitization treatments. After practicing desensitization for a long while I got much better. No more panic going anywhere, that is sooooo nice. I am still somewhat of a homebody and do get uncomfortable at times doing stuff outdoors of the home. I went shopping earlier last week, no problem, in fact, I lingered around checking out all the store stuff. Visited my two sisters that live near me and went out to a cool restaurant by the harbor. I lasted 3 hours before want to go home. I'll take that as a big win!

51 ODAAT sober.