Old 10-04-2022, 07:54 AM
  # 200 (permalink)  
LoveHateWhine

Good Morning everyone...just checking in.

Yes, it's quiet on here but I'm guessing everyone is just busy busy.

Our friends in Fort Myers rode out the hurricane and emerged relatiavely unscathed with minimal property damage but a friend of theirs died while trying to escape the high waters. It was actually reported in the New York Times. They are traumatized in many ways. Still don't have power and expect it will be off another week or so. They waited in line over 4 hours to get a few gallons of gas for their generator. It's all very sad. Things can be replaced, but life cannot.

Mr. LHW and I are super busy. I have written about his large family in the past. We have more surprise birthday parties, anniversary parties, retirement parties, etc. than I can count. I thought we were done with all that when the wedding season was over. We are looking forward to our upcoming vacation in a few weeks just so we can relax with nothing to do except decide where to eat dinner that night. This coming weekend, we are going down to Atlantic City to the Wanda Sykes show. She is one of my all time favorite comedians and I had the surprised pleasure of sitting next to her on a plane a few years ago. What an amazing flight that was. I think we expect comedians to be funny all the time...she was just a normal person. Being funny is her job as she told me. Anyway....

Still waiting on my new glasses. Hopefully they will be here before the end of the week.

That's all for now. Everyone have a great week.