Old 09-30-2022, 03:40 AM
  # 185 (permalink)  
ClearPath64

Good Friday morning all.

LHW, best of luck as you adjust to the new reality with your vision. Hopefully you get comfortable with the new glasses and contacts. I'm sure that takes some time. I'm overdue for an eye appointment and will get that on the calendar when I get back home. Hopefully you hear from your Florida friends in the next couple of days. I have a friend in Jacksonville who was fortunate to miss the worst of it. The number of senior citizens in that state has to make the relief efforts even more complex.

Bodhi, I can totally relate to your overachieving tendencies. Trying to be all things to all people. That was me for so many years until I finally burned out. I was lucky (I guess) to have management recognize my efforts, but it really just made me the 'go to' person for all of the tasks that no one else was equipped to do. Or cared to figure out. And of course I carried the resulting stress home with me, which impacted all of my relationships. Your sobriety will allow you to figure out the work/life balance much better than I did. But don't hesitate to come here and air out your frustrations because this group will be more than happy to weigh in!

SS, I'm glad to hear that you're not in the direct path of the storm. What's the worst one you've ever experienced? I imagine that there have been a few bad ones in your neck of the woods.

Lynn, so sorry for all of the challenges that you are facing getting your daughter squared away. I hope that things have settled down some and that you are able to get some rest.

Lisa, Happy Friday! I hope that your work week has been okay, and that you have fun plans this weekend.

The kids get back in town from their trip on Saturday and I'm flying back to KC on Sunday. Have really enjoyed my stay in NYC but am ready to get back home. Saturday is supposed to be a washout, as we will be dealing with remnants of Ian as he moves up the coast. The weather has been beautiful for most of my stay, so I can't complain.

Wishing you all a good day and I'll catch up with you later.