Old 09-30-2022, 01:01 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  
Lixie
soberfighterwriter

Hi all. Haven't been here much this week, I have had a stressful experience at work. I am a teacher, and my school is being renovated. My students have been in a crappy room for months, but they were promised their new classroom would be ready when they came back from summer vacation. That did not happen. Now, this week the room really was ready, but instead of letting my class move into their forever classroom, the principal decided to give our room to another class and told us to stay in the crappy room for three more months. I protested, trying to tell the principal that my students have been waiting for months, and that they feel that this is extremely unfair, and she responded by slamming her hand onto the table, yelling "now you listen to me!"

I have never been treated like that in my life. I was just trying to do the best thing for my students. She scared the crap out of me, fully knowing that I have PTSD and am extremely fragile around strong, negative emotions. My first reaction was to run away and never come back, but I decided to go over her head and report it. So, in 30 minutes I am going to a meeting with the principal and her boss, and I am anxious - but proud of myself too. I didn't run, I decided to fight.

Wish me luck?