Old 09-19-2022, 11:52 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  
Free2bme888

Ugh, Bodhi.

Family colors come out at holidays, funerals and weddings IMHO.

Texting is ok for some discussions, but tone, and crescendo (which can affect meaning) are lost in translation when it comes to texting. I know on iPhones you can add lines for a conference call. Maybe set a boundary and try that?

Step four really helped me out this year, and I need to do it again, AND, I read and reread articles on letting go of family. One suggestion the articles prompted us to do, is think, “If this person was NOT related to me, would I tolerate how they treat me? Would I be their friend?”

For me, the answer was a loud NO. And I cut two of my three siblings out of my life last December. It hurt, and my codependent self had to get through needing them to love and care about me the way I needed, ‘like family should’, the way I did, I wanted their love and kindness and inclusion so badly. And I just kept taking the bad behavior. When I shared I was pregnant with twins many moons ago, my brother said (and this WAS by phone), “Oh, I’m sorry, geeze, your old!…..oh, I guess I’m supposed to say I’m happy for y’a. So, I guess good luck…….”

I am done since last November, and honestly, like my toxic relationship with alcohol, I am free. It still stings a little, but I’m free.

Big hugs to you, Bodhi.

I liked dairy too 🐮🐮🐮🐮🐮🐮