View Single Post
Old 09-18-2022, 10:17 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Bethany57

Originally Posted by HonestlyTrying View Post
Does anyone have experience with alcoholic neuropathy? I have some things going on with my hands and feet and even my speech I am dropping things a lot, my gate has changed to where it feels like I am off-balance a lot and my enunciation is really bad. This is the only explanation left, we have not been able to find a medical reason for it.
This happened to my husband. His hands and feet were going numb. He went to rheumatologist and they gave him all kinds of meds, then to a hand doctor who did surgery...nothing helped. THEN they suggested a neurologist. It ended up one of his vertebrae (C3) was pressing right on his spine and causing this. They did surgery quickly because they said it could of resulted in paralysis. This was the root cause after trying to figure it out for over a year. I'm not giving medical advice just relating this story I sure wish it would have been suggest to go to a neurologist first. His feeling is slowing coming back but will most likely never return to normal.