Old 09-18-2022, 04:48 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  
VikingGF

Thank you, Free!! I can almost smell
the smells.

James, learning new responses vs reverting to old behaviors is all a part of the growth that comes with racking up the days. You recognized it, learned from it and next time it will be different. Sorry you had an uncomfortable night, though. Hey, at least you were sober and didn’t have to pretend to remember anyone’s name!

Having a nice time in NY. James, I’m getting it ready for you. It’s Cow Harbor weekend here, and we went into the town yesterday, it was fun, but today is the full-on fest and we are skipping that for a quiet day by the pool with the dogs (we have 3) and some alone time. Haven’t been alone with my closest friend since I can’t even remember when. It’s been a good trip.

LHW- I hope your vision continues to improve! Do as your doc tells you, my mom was a “doer” after her eye surgery and she prolonged her recovery considerably. Resting is a part of letting go of control- it can be hard but it sounds like you are doing what you should.

SS- thinking of you. 💕💪

Bodhi- have you had any cravings? I mean food wise. I’m always interested in how tastes change when my friends are expecting- one time my friend only wanted Hot Fries for several weeks. It was bizarre because she was a pretty strict healthy eater and those sure were not on her menu! Her son did end up being a real hot sauce fiend, too!

NL- hope things are quieting down for you. Divorce is hard even when it’s relatively smooth, and kids scan be so demanding. Take time for you if you can.

Harley is up- must go her her out. Today I will walk all three while my friend goes to her studio for an hour or so. That will be an adventure! Have a great day today and do one thing to make another person smile. Wait- you already did.

Hugs to all.