Old 09-15-2022, 04:46 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Bodhi02

Hey all, today is officially the 2nd trimester! We’ve never made it this far before so it’s exciting. I’ve been feeling pretty good and started to go to a prenatal yoga class with a nice group of women. It’s a 6 week course and a nice little community. I’ve been having very vivid dreams mostly of things I shouldn’t be doing while pregnant like drinking or last night I dreamt I ate an uncooked piece of chicken. I wake up having to comfort myself that it was just a dream. They just seem so real and I wake up all panicked.

SS, I’m sorry to hear of your Duchess not doing well. I hope she gets better soon. Also, the person in AA sounds very difficult. I know people are really struggling and are trying to get help but geez. I guess all you can really do is go to a different meeting and try to remember it’s all on that person.

I really liked AA when I first got sober but then I found Recovery Dharma and that just fit me a lot better. I usually go to one meeting a week and there’s a book that’s always relevant for whatever I’m struggling with. I was just talking lto my therapist about how much I like the recovery message. It’s Buddhist based but it’s also not solely focused on alcohol. It’s focused on all harmful substances and behaviors. Many of the people in the meetings are recovering from alcohol but there’s a bunch of other stuff people are recovering from too like eating disorders and negative thought patterns. We celebrate milestones and anniversaries too but it’s nice to not focus so much on alcohol and focus on the whole person.

LHW, I hope you feel better soon. You’ve had a lot to deal with the last few months. I know when I don’t feel well it really wears me down. Sending hugs your way ❤️