View Single Post
Old 08-30-2022, 09:42 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  
DJ1986

Hi everyone,

Thought I would give a quick update for a bit of accountability.

So I stopped drinking 1st Jan, and amazed myself by not having a drink for 4 months. For the most part I felt good, positive, more productive and loved waking up refreshed. I didn’t actually find it too hard.

I had never committed to stopping permanently, so started having the odd drink here and there from May. That has increased gradually, but mainly only at weekends where I do binge drink.

I really don’t know where I’m at with it to be honest. I’ve felt rough and anxious today after 4 evenings of drinking way too much over the bank holiday in the UK, and right now I’m thinking I really don’t want to feel like this ever again.

We’ve got some nice day time plans with family at the weekend and really like the thought of being fresh and hangover free for them.

BUT, I just know that when 5pm on Friday rolls around I’ll really want to start drinking!! Mainly because I do really enjoy being drunk and seem to have much more fun! But I know it’s only for a few short hours and then I pay the price the next day!

Anyway, that’s my current situation.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thank you!