Old 08-23-2022, 12:03 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
trailmix

Hi Caligirl, glad to see your post.

Hope the kids are feeling better.

Personally, I would leave the messaging alone. He'll see your message eventually and he will reply or not, nothing really to be done there.

The only reason I'm mentioning the photos, etc. is because I'm so confused about why he'd even attempt to reach out to me if everything is going so well for him/them.
Well, I don't think you can assume everything is peachy in his world. He's obviously not in a good place (mentally) and has acted toward you like a complete jerk. He can flounce along through this early period with her, they have no history, no big issues, it's just fun on the road trip! On the flipside he drank his nephew's cough syrup.

He is filling a void in his life, somewhat, but it's temporary, he can't put on this front forever. He managed to struggle along through 13 months of "sobriety" (if he actually was) with you, so he might be able to white knuckle it for a while.

Anyone who would drink cough syrup would drink anything.

I hope he recovers some day, but there is no reason to believe he's on that path.

I don't know if you've had a chance to look at this thread:

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...uggling-2.html (Why am I still struggling?)