View Single Post
Old 08-04-2022, 06:31 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Sueby

After a few months, exAH was sitting on my doorstep today after work. He was sober, which was odd, but he came inside because he needed me to sign an insurance paper (it was legit). His vehicle is broke so he walked to my place, and his first complaint was that our son won’t fix it for him. Which is true, he won’t fix it because this way he can’t drive while he’s drunk!

He then proceeded to tell me he had been in the hospital, his heart needs surgery and he’s had seizures over the last week and he has no money and bill collectors calling. I didn’t bite, none of his issues were/are my fault, they are all due to his drinking. The things is, I am currently sporting a half cast from my knee to my toes wrapped in bandages because I ruptured my Achilles’ tendon, and he never asked what happened ONCE!!

Then he asked me to drive him home… which I did so he’d leave. I think I’m in a good place as I didn’t once feel like I wanted him back or that I should rush to help him fix things. I didn’t feel upset or off balance once I dropped him off, I just continued my evening like normal, so yay me lol!